The steak on this mild salad is cooked at the barbeque, giving it a real flavor of summer. It works brilliantly with our Asian-stimulated dressing.
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks , fats trimmed
- thumb-sized piece ginger , finely grated
- 1 garlic clove , finely grated
- 2 limes , juiced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. low-salt soy sauce
- three purple bird’s eye chilies , 2 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
- 4 Little Gem lettuces
- 12 radishes , thinly sliced
- 3 carrots , peeled and finely sliced
- ½ cucumber , reduce into ribbons the usage of a peeler
- 3 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 massive ripe avocado , sliced
- ½ tbsp. combined sesame seeds
Remove the steak from the refrigerator 1 hr. earlier than you’re prepared to prepare dinner to deliver it as much as room temperature. Just earlier than cooking, make the salad dressing through whisking collectively the ginger, garlic, lime juice, oil, soy and chopped chilies in a bowl.
Put the steaks at the barbeque and prepare dinner on one facet for three minutes, then flip and prepare dinner for three minutes on the opposite facet for medium rare. Alternatively, fry your steaks in a frying pan or griddle pan for three minutes every facet. After cooking, cowl and relaxation the beef for five minutes.
Arrange the lettuce leaves, radishes, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and avocado on a sharing plate. Slice the steak towards the grain into skinny slices and lay on pinnacle of the salad. Drizzle over any resting juices and the dressing. Garnish with the sesame seeds and the sliced red chili.