Heart-healthful olive oil and protein-rich Greek yogurt take the vicinity of butter in this lemony pound cake. Egg whites additionally help lessen calories, fat, and LDL cholesterol, and whole-wheat flour boost fiber. The texture may be very similar to traditional pound cake, particularly if Bob’s Red Mill flour is used.
- Nonstick baking spray, for coating loaf pan
- 1 half-cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of high-quality salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 0.5 cup undeniable low-fat (2-percent) Greek yogurt
- 0.25 cup low-fat (1-percent) milk
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 massive egg whites
- 1 big egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Put the sugar and lemon zest in any other bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar together along with your fingers.
- Add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites, and entire egg and vigorously whisk till well blended.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and fold till simply incorporated.
Transfer to the organized pan. Bake till a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a twine rack for five minutes, after which unmold and cool to room temperature.