Get all 5 of your 5-a-day on this mildly spiced, wholesome pasta dish. It’s wealthy in iron, fiber and nutrition C in addition to being low-fats and low-calorie.
- 100g whole meal penne
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 huge onion, sliced, plus 1 tbsp finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and reduces into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 400g can chop tomatoes
- 196g can sweet corn in water
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 avocado, stoned and chopped
- Half lime, zest and juice
- Handful coriander, chopped, plus greater to serve
Cook the pasta in salted water for 10-12 minutes till al dente. Meanwhile, warmth the oil in a medium pan. Add the sliced onion and pepper and fry, stirring often for 10 minutes till golden. Stir in the garlic and spices, and then tip in the tomatoes, 1/2 of a can of water, the corn and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the avocado with the lime juice and zest, and the finely chopped onion.
Drain the penne and toss into the sauce with the coriander. Spoon the pasta into bowls, pinnacle with the avocado and scatter over the coriander leaves.